I have developed a Groupon -Commission Junction (CJ) WordPress Widget Plugin that automatically displays the local deals for the visitor. It allows you to plugin your Commission Junction (CJ) PID account number and display the local links according to the visitor IP address. The demo of this widget is currently running on this site in the upper right-hand corner.
The parameters that you can edit in the backend include:
- CJ PID – This is your Commission Junction (CJ) PID number which allows the widget to display Groupon links connected to your CJ affiliate account.
- Title – This is the title of the widget which will be shown above the Groupon links list. In the example given on this site, it is simply “Local Deals.”
- Max number of links displayed – This parameter allows you to set the maximum number of local deals or Groupon links you would like to display for your visitors. Please note that it is not guaranteed that the maximum number of local deals will be listed every day. That will depend on the availability of Groupon deals in the given area.
- Text to display if there are no deals found – Depending on where your visitor may be visiting from, there may be no local Groupon deals available or even setup in that location. In these cases, this is the text that will be displayed.
- Loading text – This is the text that will be shown will the widget goes out and searched for your visitor’s local Groupon deals. It is basically a busy indicator.
There is a disclosure that I need to make here and that is regarding the IP address of your visitor. It is not guaranteed that the visitor will actually be seeing local deals if their IP address is not local to their physical location. In the example where a user uses a proxy server based in a different state (or even country), they will actually be seeing deals in the area of the proxy IP address. This does not happen often but it does happen.
With that said, I plan to sell this fully supported plugin for $19. If you are interested in purchasing it, please use the PayPal button below. After the order is placed through, an email will be sent to you with the contents of the widget and further instructions for installation (which is very simple). It has been tested for WordPress versions 2.8 and above.
If you have any questions, please either comment below or write me directly at allen dot liu at randomsnippets dot com. I am also open to any customization requests for this widget. Thanks!